[INDOLOGY] My Sanskrit verse today

Suresh Kolichala suresh.kolichala at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 19:55:15 UTC 2018

Dear Madhavji,

There is nothing wrong with your *dyutiṃ*. It is the problem with the font.
The default font on Microsoft windows was changed from Mangal font to
Nirmala font, in Windows 10 (actually from Windows 8). The rendering of *dyu
*is not correctly implemented in Nirmala font. So, unfortunately, everyone
using Microsoft windows 10 would find your  *muktādyutiṃ *as  *muktāduyatiṃ*
.

You can see how your text appears in various fonts as shown below:

I hope someone at Microsoft is working to rid their default font of all
these bugs.

Regards,
Suresh.