[INDOLOGY] Once again on the origin of zero: the date of the Bakhshali manuscript (or manuscripts?)

Camillo Formigatti camillo.formigatti at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 20 04:31:29 UTC 2017

Dear Alakendu (if I may),

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion. May I point you to my reply to Andrea Acri's questions? The Mayans or even the Babylonians before the Mayans already used a symbol as placeholder in a positional system, but as far as I know, they did not use it as a zero in its own rights, if I'm not mistaken. On the other hand, this is precisely what the Bakhshali manuscript content hints at.

Best wishes,

Camillo