[INDOLOGY] Northern and southern Devanagari

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Mon Oct 23 03:20:00 UTC 2017

Hello Martin,

     One quirk I noticed in the manuscripts of the Śaunakīya Caturādhyāyikā
is that some of them would make inconsistent use of the Pr̥ṣṭhamātrās, some
of them would use them consistently, while some never used them.  I could
not figure out why some scribes would use them inconsistently.

Madhav Deshpande