[INDOLOGY] query

Herman Tull hermantull at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 02:42:39 UTC 2017

An independent scholar asked me for some information on Cecil Bendall's
work on the Tantrākhyāna (see, The Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society of
Great Britain and Ireland
New Series, Vol. 20, No. 4 (Oct., 1888), pp. 465-501​), especially if the
work had ever been translated. His particular interest is Story 28, "The
Skull on the Seashore", which W. Norman Brown discusses.  He also asked if
the Tantrākhyāna is related to the Tantropakhyanam. (ed. K. Sambasiva
Sastri Trivandrum. 1938. Trivandrum Sanskrit Series, No. 132). I don't know
the latter work, but I presume that although the titles are similar (and
somewhat generic), the texts are not.

Thanks for any help with this--it's an area I've not looked into for many
years.

Herman Tull