Re: [INDOLOGY] Fwd: Kṛṣṇa / Śukla YV

Walter Slaje slaje at kabelmail.de
Thu Jul 13 14:13:27 UTC 2017

Before further random guessing, I suggest to consult the evidence Michael
Witzel has collected and the reasons he has put forward in his paper:
*Yājñavalkya
as ritualist and philosopher, and his personal language"* (*Paitimāna.
Essays in Iranian, Indo-European, and Indian Studies in Honor of
Hanns-Peter Schmidt*, hg. v. Siamak Adhami. Vol. I: Indo-European and
Indian Studies, Costa Mesa 2003, S. 103-143.), see, in particular, there on
pp. 135f and 138.

Regards,
WS

Prof. Dr. Walter Slaje