[INDOLOGY] Les mathématiques de l'autel védique

Jean-Michel Delire jmdelire at ulb.ac.be
Tue Nov 15 20:06:14 UTC 2016

Dear list,

Your discussion reminds me the so-called Vedic mathematics, which are not Vedic at all. That is the reason why I have myself been very cautious not to use Vedic directly associated with mathematics in the title of my (just published) book : Les mathématiques de l'autel védique, or Mathematics of the Vedic Altar (the book is mainly in French). The altar is definitely vedic, and also the mathematics used to build it and explained in the book, but they are very different of what is nowadays - and inaccurately - called Vedic mathematics. If you want more information, see http://www.droz.org/eur/fr/6416-9782600013826.html

Best regards,

Jean Michel Delire