[INDOLOGY] A tool to fiddle with Ashtadhyayi

dhaval patel drdhaval2785 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 17:14:36 UTC 2016

== Sorry for cross posting ==

Respected scholars,
We have been working with Sanskrit verb form derivation computationally.
As a by-product of that work, we have developed a tool by which a student
can visualize what effect would occur if a particular sUtra didn't exist in
Panini's grammar.
We think it would be of interest to some of you.

Web page -
http://www.sanskritworld.in/sanskrittool/SanskritVerb/tiGanta.html

Example:
[image: Inline image 1]

Execution of code would go on as if sUtra number 8.3.15
(खरवसानयोर्विसर्जनीयः) didn't exist in Paninian grammar and give the forms
without this rule. This way we would be able to visualize the effect of
absence of rule 8.3.15 on Paninian grammar.

In the present case, it would be as follows
[image: Inline image 2]

N.B. -
1. You can silent multiple sUtras by passing a comma separated value e.g.
8.3.15,1.3.9
2. In future, we plan to generalize the tool so that the computer would
list the rules barred by absence of a given rule and rules which apply
additionally in absence of a given rule.

Project code -
https://github.com/drdhaval2785/sanskritverb

Best wishes,
--
Dr. Dhaval Patel, I.A.S
Collector and District Magistrate, Anand