Re: [INDOLOGY] Example(s) of ‘ṣr/ष्र्’

Kevin M. Ryan kevinryan at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 10 13:42:14 UTC 2016

Dear Nityanand,

Here are a few items I found in the GRETIL corpus:

ajuṣran (RV 1.71.1c)
pariṣritaḥ (3x), pariṣrayati (1x), miṣram (Śatapatha Brāhmaṇa)
zuṣrūṣamāṇānām (Bhāgavata Purāṇa 1.1.13)

It could also in principle be found across a word boundary, when a word
is left to stand with final ṣ (e.g. jyotiṣ rajas, Nirukta).

Best,
Kevin