[INDOLOGY] suicide as a result of love

dermot at grevatt.force9.co.uk dermot at grevatt.force9.co.uk
Mon Jun 6 17:12:07 UTC 2016

Dear Philipp,

Thank you for the correction: the suicide motif is not in the Purnabhadra version.

Dermot

On 6 Jun 2016 at 12:46, Klaus Karttunen wrote:

Dear all,
in Hara's Ratnavali Sagarika - sure that her love to the king is unsuccesful - will hang
herself, but luckily the king arrives in time and saves her. There are certainly many other
examples.

Best,
Klaus

Klaus Karttunen
South Asian and Indoeuropean Studies
Asian and African Studies, Department of World Cultures
PL 59 (Unioninkatu 38 B)
00014 University of Helsinki, FINLAND
Tel +358-(0)2941 4482418
Fax +358-(0)2941 22094