[INDOLOGY] Unicode Devanagari on Mac

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Fri Jul 15 10:58:01 UTC 2016

Dear Indologists,

     To my happy surprise, I found that with the combination of the latest
version of Microsoft Office 360 for Mac and the latest Mac Operating System
OS X El Capitan, it is now possible to directly enter Unicode Devanagari in
a Word document with the Devanagari - QWERTY keyboard layout.  Previously,
I had to enter Unicode Devanagari in something like TextEdit and then copy
and paste into a Word document, but was not able to edit it in the Word
document.  The new development of software has happily changed that
situation.  Hope this information will be of use to some of you.  Best,

Madhav Deshpande