[INDOLOGY] Ahigavi?

Krishnaprasad G krishnaprasadah.g at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 03:06:26 UTC 2016

Dear Martin Gansten
This probably means
Vyakarana Mahabhasya which is written by Patanjali.
He is believed to be an incarnation of Shesharaj who is a bed of Lord
Vishnu. So Ahi means Snake. Gavi means his speech or Vanee. In Sanskrit gow
means cow and also speech. Here in this context the meaning is to be
considered as speech and derivative of the same would lead to this new word.
This is used by famous commentator Mallinatha in his Raghuvamsa etc at the
commencement of the same.