[INDOLOGY] Ahigavi?

Martin Gansten martin.gansten at pbhome.se
Fri Jan 22 15:45:45 UTC 2016

In a panegyrical reference to his guru in the /Hāyanaratna/, Balabhadra
makes use of the word /ahigavī/:

/atha natādīnām ānayanam uktaṃ
sakalasiddhāntamaṇḍalīsaroviharaṇarājahaṃsagaṇitavidyācāturītāntrikapañcānanāhigavīpravīṇaiḥ
śrīmadgurucaraṇaiḥ paddhaticintāmaṇau |//
/
I'm inclined to understand it simply to mean 'planet', but I can't find
this particular compound anywhere else, so I can't be sure. In light of
everything else going on in this compound (there's half a zoo in there),
I'd be grateful for any suggestions from the vidvāns on this list.

Martin Gansten