[INDOLOGY] Request

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 22:36:44 UTC 2016

I have foliated thousands of Sanskrit manuscripts, and while one often
encounters errors, I have never encountered anything hinting at a
systematic esotericism in the numbering.

Mind you, manuscripts from 10-12 century are quite rare, but then one would
see traces of the deliberate obfuscation in the apographs.

No, I don't think this hypothesis about deliberate concealment is
sustainable on the existing evidence.  Spurious.
​
​Best,
Dominik Wujastyk
​

--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk* <http://ualberta.Academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity