Re: [INDOLOGY] Yama/niyama in PÄ Å›upata and Yoga

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 19:07:29 UTC 2016

Dear Dr Ganesan,

The word Shiva in Svetashvatara Upanishad is understood as a descriptive
term with meanings such as benevolent, blissful etc.

Do you want to see that word as referring to Shiva, with the attributes
such as Kailaasavaasa, jaTaajooTadhaaraNa, naagaabharaNadhaaraNa etc. ?

If yes, which part of the text has support to such view?

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )