[INDOLOGY] kAvyarAkSasa

Peter Wyzlic pwyzlic at uni-bonn.de
Thu Oct 8 15:24:37 UTC 2015

Am 08.10.2015 um 17:17 schrieb Christophe Vielle:
> I have myself just achieved a first input (including pada-paa.tha and
> variant readings of the various editions - I have still to check one
> before to propose the text on GRETIL - here attached the work as
> already done) + French translation (a simple new Sanskrit commentary
> is also planned because I am not always satisfied by the existing ones).
> Two noteworthy studies on the work are:
> - Ferdinando Belloni-Filippi, "Il Poema Demoniaco (raak.sasakaavyam)",
> /Giornale della società america asiatica italiana/19, 1906, pp. 83-102
>
> https://archive.org/stream/GiornaleDellaSocietaAsiaticaItaliana19/Giornale_della_Societa_Asiatica_Italiana_19#page/n95/mode/2up
>
> - P. K. Gode,  "Date of Raak.sasa Kaavya or Kaavyaraak.sasa — Before
> A.D. 1000", In: /Studies in Indian Literary History/ vol. 1, pp. 195-202;
> orig. publ. in /Journal of Indian History,/ Madras, vol. 19/3, 1940
> pp. 312-319
>
> https://archive.org/details/StudiesInIndianLiteraryHistoryVolume1
>

> Le 8 oct. 2015 à 16:39, Benjamin Fleming <fleming_b4 at hotmail.com
> <mailto:fleming_b4 at hotmail.com>> a écrit :
>
>> Does anyone know of any scholarly work done on the kAvyarAkSasa also
>> going by rAkSasakAvya?

S. Lienhard: A History of Classical Poetry (1984), p. 200, n. 143 points
additionally to these articles in IHQ:

  * Mankad, D. R.: Buddhivinodakāvyam (A specimen of Paryāyakāvya), in:
    Indian Historical Quarterly. Calcutta, 12, 1936, S. 692-700.
  * De, S. K.: On the Identity of the Buddhi-vinoda-kāvya, in: Indian
    Historical Quarterly. Calcutta, 13, 1937, S. 172-176.

Hope it helps

Peter Wyzlic

--
Institut für Orient- und Asienwissenschaften
Bibliothek