[INDOLOGY] Call for Papers - IIGRS 7 (Leiden University)

Lucas den Boer l.den.boer.1 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 15:11:44 UTC 2015

Dear Arlo, dear colleagues,

The IIGRS project has reached its seventh season, so to say, and it
has been interpreted differently in its various incarnations. Just to
clarify our understanding of its upcoming avatāra and of the word
'text' in our call for papers, —and we just mean the understanding of
the present organizers— a 'text' is to be understood minimally as a
set of signs that can be read/understood/interpreted, which would
indeed include art, archeology and obviously inscriptions. A
different, and probably more felicitous and easily decipherable,
wording would be 'primary sources', as stated in the Purpose section
of the website: http://iigrs.byethost17.com/purpose-2/. However, it is
true that in the bygone avatāras of the symposium, at least as far as
we remember, the papers have often been focused on the less broadly
understood category of text. But the final shape of the Leiden
incarnation will mainly depend on the graduate students and early
career researchers who will decide to come and discuss their work this
coming October.

We hope we have been ecumenical enough,
yours faithfully,

Daniele Cuneo & Lucas den Boer