[INDOLOGY] Call for Papers - IIGRS 7 (Leiden University)

Arlo Griffiths arlogriffiths at hotmail.com
Thu May 21 11:25:49 UTC 2015

Thanks for this initiative. It seems that Indological research here is defined exclusively in terms of the study of texts — or is the exclusion of the study of Hindu, Buddhist or Jaina art and archaeology, to mention just some forms of not primarily textual research that I would consider Indological, not intended? If it is intentional, are inscriptions considered to be texts, or do you mean only transmitted texts? I was about to forward the announcement to a number of French graduate students when I noticed the limitation to "texts". Please clarify.

Arlo Griffiths
École française d'Extrême-Orient