[INDOLOGY] Fwd: matta-matanga-lilakara dandaka

Venetia Kotamraju venetia.ansell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 04:03:35 UTC 2015

Dear list,
Does anyone have any information on a particular type of dandaka called the
Matta-matanga-lilakara?

It consists of four padas which each start with two na-ganas (u u u) and
then an unfixed amount of ra-ganas (- u -).

I came across it with reference to the Shyamala Dandaka which falls into
this category - although the Shyamala Dandaka has five padas rather than
four. I am wondering where the name came from (could it be related to the
Matangi of Shyamala Dandaka). I would also be grateful if anyone could tell
me of any other dandakas that fall into this category.

Thank you in advance.

Venetia

--
Venetia Kotamraju