[INDOLOGY] Third Australian Spoken Sanskrit Summer School 7--19 February 2016

McComas Taylor McComas.Taylor at anu.edu.au
Thu Mar 5 01:31:29 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues

I am delighted to announce the Third Australian  Spoken Sanskrit Summer School  7--19 February 2016

Please distribute this as widely as possible:

The course:  student-focussed learning featuring basic conversation, verses, songs, role-play and drama. We will provide two streams: one for introductory Spoken Sanskrit, and one for intermediate students who have some previous experience. It will be possible for Australian students to take this course as credit towards a degree or diploma. Morning and evening meditation sessions will be offered.

Instructor:  Pandit Dr Sadananda Das is widely acknowledged as a pre-eminent teacher of Spoken Sanskrit today.  His classes are lively and engaging, varied and enjoyable. Sadananda has delighted and stimulated students all over the world for nearly two decades.

Prerequisites: at least one year of Sanskrit studies at tertiary level or equivalent. It will be assumed that students have a good command of basic Sanskrit grammar and can read Devanagari with some fluency before commencing the course.

Location: The Australian National University's magnificent coastal campus, Kioloa, sits amid 500 hectares of rolling fields and forests, just a few minutes' walk down a sandy track from the local surf beach on the South Coast of New South Wales.

Accommodation:  a residential and fully catered (vegetarian) with three meals a day, plus morning and afternoon tea.  Comfortable dormitory-style rooms are provided.
Registration (A$200):  by 1 May 2015.  Final payment (TBC, A$1500-$2000): by 30 November 2015
Contact: mccomas.taylor at anu.edu.au<mailto:mccomas.taylor at anu.edu.au>, tel. +61 2 6125 3179

Further information: registration form, course outline, accommodation, etc etc are on our website:

https://sites.google.com/site/spokensanskrit16/

McComas Taylor
Head, Department of South and Southeast Asian Studies, CHL, CAP
The Australian National University
Tel. + 61 2 6125 3179
Website: https://sites.google.com/site/mccomasanu/
Address: Baldessin Building 4.24, ANU, ACT 0200
Test drive our new 'Joy of Sanskrit' electronic text book<http://press.anu.edu.au/titles/anu-etext/the-joy-of-sanskrit/>.