[INDOLOGY] A request

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Wed Jun 24 18:52:52 UTC 2015

Thank you, dear Nancy and David.

Also I looked for any definite evidence on the concept of *saros* being
used by the ancient Indian astronomers. Without success. But, having no
formal training in the field of Indian archaeoastronomy, I might have
missed the relevant references re the use of *saros*.

Am preparing a short paper on the traces of the knowledge of several
astronomical cycles --- as reflected in Indian mythological narratives -
and Prof. Plofker's opinion on the matter would be of a definite value.

Best,

Artur