[INDOLOGY] A request

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Wed Jun 24 10:23:27 UTC 2015

My thanks go to Agathe Keller --- !

Now, the page 165 of Balachandra Rao's book carries the title: "Saros and
Metonic cycle". I hoped prof. Rao would provide some information on the use
of *saros* & Metonic cycle in the Indian astronomical/astrological
practice. A disappointment: there is nothing there apart from some general
info, such as could have been culled from any simple handbook on the
history of astronomy.

Was the concept of *saros* known to ancient Indian astronomers?

Best,

Artur Karp