[INDOLOGY] Tagore, Aurobindo, and Malhotra

Dean Michael Anderson eastwestcultural at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 12:42:08 UTC 2015

I would agree except that this thread keeps digging up important side issues. For example, yesterday it became obvious that a clarification of "Fair Use" was in order. Or the earlier instance where reputed scholars were not fully aware of the strictness of the definition of plagiarism.
One thing I've learned from being on lists like these for decades, and even running them, is that there is a huge population who never speaks up. I would guess at least a dozen important scholars were not clear on Fair Use.
As one person said: we're Indologists, not lawyers.
One can always end this thread whenever one wishes by deleting the messages unread. I do this with many more valuable threads here that are just not in my area of interest. There's even software do it automatically.
I'd say I was done with this thread but I've said that to myself before.
A tip: if you want to end a thread, don't end your message by bringing up another issue by mentioning Aurobindo and Tagore!
Best,
Dean