[INDOLOGY] More uninformed discussion of ancient India

Jonathan Silk kauzeya at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 11:28:21 UTC 2015

The book is "The Idea of Justice" and it is indeed filled with ignorance
about India, or at least Classical India, let us say. I have to confess I
could not even finish the book, so fed up was I. It is perhaps a bit like
the phenomenon one encounters, e.g., with Richard Dawkins. Were I to start
talking about biology, I expect he would dismiss me in a few words, and
rightly so,  just as Sen should do were I to spout off about economics. Why
is the reverse humility rarely in evidence, I wonder.

Jonathan