[INDOLOGY] Characteristics of Fools

rajam rajam at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 5 21:58:03 UTC 2015

Interesting observation by Ashok Aklujkar, and thanks.

So … may I take it that the word “Mūrkha” or “muurkha” to render the meaning “fool?”

In Tamil we have a saying … “mūrkkaṉum mutalaiyum koṇṭatu viṭā” (“mūrkkaṉ and crocodile won’t let their catch go”) implying the stubbornness in both species (man and animal).

So, “mūrkkaṉ” is a nominal form derived from  “Mūrkha” or “muurkha”???

Regards,
Rajam