Re: [INDOLOGY] ​ Mattavilāsa Prahasana

Jonathan Silk kauzeya at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 17:45:13 UTC 2015

not an edition, and I don't have this right in front of me, but I remember
this as being an excellent translation: David N. Lorenzen, "A Parody of the
Kapalikas in the Mattavilasa," in Tantra in Practice, ed. D. G. White,

ah, who needs actual books?
thanks to the mega-monster google:
https://books.google.nl/books?id=hayV4o50eUEC&pg=PA84&lpg=PA84&dq=MattaVilasa+lorenzen+david&source=bl&ots=ZiRnwxEXjc&sig=jRvTGA0X7GkutgIYAFgcvS0JtSY&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCwQ6AEwAmoVChMI1MLKgIifxwIVgdcaCh2QgwA8#v=onepage&q=MattaVilasa%20lorenzen%20david&f=false

there are not even any suppressed pages here!

Jonathan

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 6:25 PM, Ajit Gargeshwari <
ajit.gargeshwari at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​Apart from the works mentioned by Prof. Lubin there is Matta Vilasa
> Prahsana by Mahendra Vikrama Verma with Prakasha Hindi Commentary edited by
> Kaplia Deva Giri Chowkambha publication​. I would be obliged if ​Barnett’s
> 1930 translation in BSOAS 5.1 (1930): 697-717. could be shared with me.
> Thanks
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 9:30 PM, <indology-request at list.indology.info>
> wrote:

J. Silk
Leiden University
Leiden University Institute for Area Studies, LIAS
Matthias de Vrieshof 3, Room 0.05b
2311 BZ Leiden
The Netherlands

copies of my publications may be found at
http://www.buddhismandsocialjustice.com/silk_publications.html