[INDOLOGY] Soo che? Saru che... Gujarati

Bindu Bhatt bindu.bhatt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 16:56:55 UTC 2014

If it were in Gujarati, it will be

શું છે. સારું છે. ડંડો લઈ ને મારૂં ।

However, mostly non-Gujarati speaker [Hindi speaker] use this doggerel and
it is exactly how you have mentioned in your Anglisized version. I slightly
defer from the meaning given. It means: How is it going? It is fine.  I
will take a stick and hit you.
I have never understood this doggerel and why is it something that people
so widely use.

Bindu Bhatt