Re: [INDOLOGY] Patañjali's syntax

Adriano Aprigliano aprigliano at usp.br
Wed Oct 30 19:53:58 UTC 2013

Dear Andrew,

Yes, I think it works. I feel insecure about the causal nature of ha, though.

Also by applying this value of vai as topic marker, wouldn't eṣaḥ –not apaśabdaḥ— be on the predicate spot, since [yad apaśabadaḥ] should be a predicate in apposition to an already given predicate?

I don't know If I could made made myself clear...

I keep thinking.

Best wishes
Adriano

Prof. Dr. Adriano Aprigliano
Área de Língua e Literatura Latina

Faculdade de Filosofia, Letras e Ciências Humanas
Universidade de São Paulo
São Paulo, Brasil