[INDOLOGY] query: 18 ;sre.nii jaatis

Dr. T. Ganesan ganesan at ifpindia.org
Mon Oct 7 04:21:44 UTC 2013

It is also common in rural Tamilnadu to say "????? ???? ????????? ????"
"paLLi paRaiya patineTTu cAti" meaning people of 18 jati-s including the
paLLi, paRaiya, etc. to convey that so many people belonging to all
castes are assembled, say, for the temple festival, etc.
Ganesan

--
Dr.T.Ganesan
Senior Researcher in Saivasiddhanta & Saiva Agama-s
E mail: ganesan at ifpindia.org
Web: www.ifpindia.org