[INDOLOGY] Identifying deities

Rohana Seneviratne rohana.seneviratne at orinst.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 11 20:14:16 UTC 2013

As Michael rightly says, these are Siva and Parvati with Kamadhenu. However, as far as I know as a Sri Lankan, there is no direct relation of Siva and Parvati to Kiriamma cult. 'The cult of the goddess Pattini' by Gananath Obeyesekere may provide details.

Best Wishes,
Rohana
Rohana Seneviratne
DPhil Student in Sanskrit