[INDOLOGY] Identifying deities

Michael Slouber Michael.Slouber at wwu.edu
Mon Nov 11 19:58:51 UTC 2013

Perhaps they are given different names in Sri Lanka, but this image shows Shiva and Parvati above, with Kamadhenu (the wish-fulfilling cow) flowing with milk upon the Shiva-linga.

––
Michael Slouber
Visiting Assistant Professor of South Asia
Department of Liberal Studies
Western Washington University