Chinese representation of Sanskrit names

Arlo Griffiths arlogriffiths at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 25 02:13:59 UTC 2012

Dear colleagues,

Can anyone help me obtain a pdf of this work?

Grundsätzliches zur Wiedergabe fremder Länder und Ortsnamen im Chinesischen by O. Franke
(see: http://www.sudoc.fr/103468544)

Tips for other studies relevant to personal names are welcome.

In particular, I want to known the pros and cons of the argument (which I'd like to make) that

Zhan-da-bo 旃達缽 in the Xin Tang shu would be a representation of the name Candravarma(n) attested in a possibly 8th-century inscription from Western Borneo.

Thank you.

Arlo Griffiths
EFEO/Jakarta