Herman Tull hwtull at MSN.COM
Mon Sep 12 19:47:02 UTC 2011

I am doing some work with transliteration schemes, and I notice that in some documentation of the Harvard Kyoto system the long vowel “r” is denoted as “q”; other sources have it as “RR.”  Does anyone have any information on which is correct?

Additionally, has anyone had the experience of choosing or being asked to choose one of the non-IAST systems (e.g., Velthius, Harvard Kyoto, ITRANS) for traditionally published works?

Herman Tull
Princeton, NJ

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the INDOLOGY mailing list