Jhakataka and bhakataka?

Martin Gansten martin.gansten at PBHOME.SE
Thu May 12 08:53:43 UTC 2011

Many thanks to Madhav, Patrick and Christophe for providing additional
sources for the quotation 'vidyā ha vai ...'. I now have a rather
different question:

In a late 16th-century text (the Praśnatantra attributed to Nīlakaṇṭha)
I came across the two words jhakaṭaka and bhakaṭaka, which I have been
unable to find in any dictionary. A Google search tells me that the
former occurs in Samantabhadra's Ratnakaraṇḍaśrāvakācāra, but brings me
no closer to a meaning. Any light on these two words would be most
appreciated.

Martin