Tibeten~Sanskrit Idiom Query

Andrey Klebanov andra.kleb at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 22 22:35:39 UTC 2011

just to follow up briefly on the Aṣṭāṅgahṛdaya-issue.
the tibetan translation does, in fact, read nyan du mi btub, on which Vogel's edition (p.74) notes:
-- avidheya "disobedient" has been paraphrized by nyan du mi btub, which literally means "unable to obey". --

Aruṇadatta's commentary (s. Dominik's mail), which seems to be a literal quote from Candrananda's Padārthacandikā runs thus in the tibetan translation of the latter (rather unspectacularly):
nyan du mi btub pa ni sman pa'i bsgo ba mi byed pa gang yin pa de yang spang par bya'o

best,
Andrey