tracing a verse > vedap āṭha - v ikṛtis.

Peter Wyzlic pwyzlic at UNI-BONN.DE
Thu Apr 21 13:10:46 UTC 2011

Am 21.04.2011 14:01, schrieb (Maitreya) Borayin Larios:
> In my fieldwork on the Vedic schools of Maharashtra, the following
> verse was given to me by a vaidika describing the recitational
> permutations of the Veda.
>
> /jaṭā mālā //śikhā //rekh//ā //dhvajo //daṇḍo//ratho ghana//ḥ//
> ityaṣṭo vikṛti proktaḥ kramapūrva maharṣibhiḥ/
>
> When asked about the textual source, the vaidika wasn't able to
> produce a textual reference. He only said it was a quite popular
> verse. I haven't been able to trace it back yet. Does anybody know in
> which text this verse might be found?
The verse is cited in Maheśvara's commentary on Amarakośa, Kāṇḍa 1,
śabdādivarga, verse 4 (p. 35 of the edition Bombay 1907). The
commentator does not give a source for this quotation.

hope it helps
Peter Wyzlic

--
Institut für Orient- und Asienwissenschaften
Bibliothek