New version of DCS
hellwig7 at GMX.DE
Sat Sep 11 08:38:20 UTC 2010
a new version of the Digital Corpus of Sanskrit has been released at
- 6th Book of the Mahabharata complete
- Bigram search: The program automatically locates bigrams that contain a
given word and occur with a user-defined frequency. This feature is useful,
for example, to detect typical phrases or to study the semantic fields of
verbs (have a look at the Google research page at
for further inspiration). To access bigrams, ...
- Search for a word in the dictionary or the query page, e.g. manu.
- On the detail page of the word, click the link "n-grams" (6th line from
the top). The bigrams are displayed.
- A detailed explanation can be found at
- The site contains a list that includes references to the secondary
literature found in the word meanings; refer to
Comments and ideas for improvement are highly welcome!
PD Dr. Oliver Hellwig
Südasien-Institut, Universität Heidelberg
Im Neuenheimer Feld 330, 69120 Heidelberg
More information about the INDOLOGY