eighteen

J L Brockington J.L.Brockington at ED.AC.UK
Tue Oct 19 08:14:07 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues,

There is also some treatment of 18 in several articles on numbers as a
whole, e.g. Siegfried Lienhard, "Lucky Numbers in Ancient Indian
Literature", Langue, style et structure dans le monde indien:
Centenaire de Louis Renou, ed. Nalini Balbir et Georges-Jean Pinault,
Champion, Paris, 1996, pp. 523-36, and S.S.N. Murthy, "Number
Symbolism in the Vedas", Electronic Journalof Vedic Studies 12.3,
2005, pp. 87-99, also my own "Meaningful Numbers?", Research Bulletin,
Vishveshvaranand Vedic Research Institute 4 & 5, 2006, pp. 21-64.

John Brockington

Professor J. L. Brockington
Secretary General, International Association of Sanskrit Studies
Asian Studies
7-8 Buccleuch Place
Edinburgh EH8 9LW

----- Message from pwyzlic at UNI-BONN.DE ---------