Help with keyboard

Jürgen Neuss juergen.neuss at FU-BERLIN.DE
Mon May 17 20:54:53 UTC 2010

dear kenneth and others,

i recently tried to install anything i know regarding diacritics, from
gandhari-unicode to baraha, on the windows 7 computer of one of my
students. I learned, to my surprise, that nothing worked at all with w7,
even though different programs use different approaches to override the
standard windows keyboard layout. i could neither find a solution nor the
reason for this, nor any kind of workaround. i simply failed. i decided to
avoid w7 for myaself, [as long as possible] and told my student to do the
same. she now uses xp again - and no problem at all with either of the
approaches tried in vain on w7.
so i can only recommend to downgrade to xp, as long as one cannot use
another os with suitable software available.
if anyone has a solution for the w7 problem, i also would be grateful for
detailed information.

sorry, if some of you find this response lengthy and useless, what it in
fact is.

cheers

juergen

Am Mon, 17 May 2010 20:56:07 +0200 hat Kenneth Zysk <zysk at hum.ku.dk>