apology

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 11 15:56:40 UTC 2010

It is generous and courteous of colleagues at Toronto to publicly support
their colleagues at Concordia.

I also think that it is not particularly improper for a grad student to
complain publicly about their experiences.  I'm sure none of us wants to
mute the grad students, and it's important to know if things aren't right
either from the teachers' or the students' point of view.  Of course there
is the question of the appropriateness of such a posting in a public
academic forum like this, but really since the creation of the many websites
like ratemyprofessors.com, and the rise of social networking, we know that
edgy student opinion is a matter of very public record.  And we all also
know that official channels of complaint don't always work as well as we
would all like.

I think Steven has said it best.

Dominik