trivalI in compounds

victor davella vbd203 at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 16 18:44:26 UTC 2010

Dear Oliver,

Right, it didn't seem exactly what you wanted, but it would seem that since
it's not in the sense of a name, Vamana would consider it incorrect or not
pure usage, so we wouldn't expect to find a Paninian explanation for such a
form  with the long i (not in the sense of a name) in or out of compound.
 Unfortunately I am away from a library and have only limited resources.  Do
any of the commentators make any comment?

Best,
Victor