Can you help with Sanskrit translation?

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya2004 at YAHOO.CO.IN
Sun Feb 21 04:59:02 UTC 2010

Dear friend
You have yourself given the answer.
According to the existing view kiran is an NIA word derived from Sanskrit किरण kiraṇa meaning ‘ray’. It derives from the root कॄ : kṝ  stem किर् : kir  'to scatter'. अधिकिरण Adhikiran  is not known to me as a Sanskrit word, It could be an NIA development with uninherited meaning. The title Das ‘servant’ is often adopted by Vashnavas in the sense of ‘servant of God’.
Does this help?
Best wishes
DB

--- On Sun, 21/2/10, Horacio Francisco Arganis Juarez <h.arganisjuarez at YAHOO.COM.MX> wrote:

From: Horacio Francisco Arganis Juarez <h.arganisjuarez at YAHOO.COM.MX>
Subject: Can you help with Sanskrit translation?
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Date: Sunday, 21 February, 2010, 4:02 AM

Dear Professors:
Can you helpme with this transletion. Because some of my friends ask me this:
We
want to name him Kiran, but cannot find the exact Sanskrit translation.
"Kiran das" can be found on lists with names of devotees of Krishna,
but the meaning is never specified. Doing a search in Google brings up
"Ray of Light", "Beam of Light",
"Ray of the Sun", "Sun light", "Moon Light" etc. Some times
you can also find the name "Adhi Kiran das" (perhaps meaning the origin
of the sun light, but hey ... I don't know, I'm just guessing:)  Does anybody know what it means exactly in Sanskrit, and perhaps in
what context it is typically used linguistically? If someone would cut
it up in pieces, analyze it and feed it to me with a spoon

Lic. M.A. Horacio Francisco Arganis Juárez

Catedrático Investigador de la Universidad

Internacional Euroamericana.

Departamento de Filosofía y Religión Comparada.

Miembro del Instituto de Estudios Filosóficos de Saltillo A. C.

www.uie.edu.es