Devanagari Unicode fonts for the Mac?

James Hartzell james.hartzell at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 13 23:25:33 UTC 2009

Madhav Deshpande had guided me through using the Devanagari QWERTY keyboard
under the International input option on the Mac (see System Preferences).
Then selecting the Arial Unicode MS.  This works perfectly well in
NeoOffice, with all the ligatures required by typing an "f" after the
relevant letter, then the next letter.  Aspirated letters come from shift,
plus the letter, initial vowels from alt-letter, etc.  The alt-letter combo
provides the retroflexes as well.
ङ from z
ष from x
श्र from alt s
श from shift s
ण from shift n
ञ from alt n
।  from .
ऽ from alt '

for instance
प्रकृति:
धन्यवाद: etc.
not sure whether this will work in your Adobe program.

भवदीय:
James Hartzell