Bangles

rajam rajam at EARTHLINK.NET
Sat Mar 21 04:04:50 UTC 2009

Is your student's focus only on North-Indian/Hindi/Sanskritic
material? If she would be interested in knowing about the "role" of
bangles, armlets, and so on in the South, I can provide many
references from Tamil (starting from old/classical literature to
modern movies) and also discuss some religious/social significance of
bangles. If you would like, I can send you a PDF document with the
references in Tamil poetry (gathered through a computerized search
program). But then your student may have to find someone locally to
translate the material for her (or, I can help her electronically).
Just let me know. Thanks.

Regards,
V.S. Rajam