Legal constraints (la "Loi Toubon") [Re: Language barriers --- financial barriers

elisa freschi elisa.freschi at STUDISUDASIATICI.NET
Thu Mar 19 21:35:38 UTC 2009

> I am under the impression that in Italy, a Ph.D. thesis
> must be in italian.
MA thesis must be in Italian (I know of only one exception),
whereas PhD thesis are normally written in Italian, but if
the PhD committee members agree they can also be written in
English. In the last five years this happens many times, but
it is by far not the rule.
elisa freschi
(research felow, University 'Sapienza' Rome, Italy)