Legal constraints (la "Loi Toubon") [Re: Language barriers --- financial barriers

franco at RZ.UNI-LEIPZIG.DE franco at RZ.UNI-LEIPZIG.DE
Thu Mar 19 17:21:43 UTC 2009

At the University of Leipzig dissertations can be written in all major
languages, pending on permission by the faculty, which is almost
automatically granted. We had a couple of dissertations in Spanish
recently and of course many more in English. The regulations may
differ not only from one university to another, but also for different
faculties within the same university. There are probably some
faculties where one can still submit dissertations in Latin.
Best wishes
EF