Legal constraints (la "Loi Toubon") [Re: Language barriers --- financial barriers

veeranarayana Pandurangi veerankp at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 19 13:21:40 UTC 2009

Offcourse   French language patriotism of French people is well known fact.
The situation may be same in other countries.  Hence I understand that
thing. I acknowledged that even in my first mail that started the debate.
But I hope that does not prevent authors of non-doctoral works to writen in
samskrita.

But In india it is vastly different. earlier the doctoral theses used to be
only in English, then they came in other regional languages also. Finally
then it is free for all. If somebody is student in Bangalore university
(Samskrita dept) he can write in english, Kannada, or Samskrita, but, I
think, not in telugu. similarly Rajasthan University allows one write in
Hindi English and Samskrita.
*But all Samskrita universities (12) have uniform rule to have theses in
Samskrita only.*
veeranarayana

--
Veeranarayana N.K. Pandurangi