Follow up to Font/Print Problems

Jarrod L Whitaker whitakjl at WFU.EDU
Fri Aug 28 23:47:19 UTC 2009

I have narrowed the problem of spacing down to vocalic "r" and many
(long) accented vowels (aa', uu', r.', etc.). The problem occurs when I
type the characters with shortcut keys in Word 2007. My best guess is
that somehow the documents I am working on have been changed in the
Style sheet. Anyway, 50% of the time when I enter one of these
characters I get too much of a space (e.g., "Rgveda " with vocalic "r"
will look like "R gveda"; that is with too much a space). When I delete
it and retype it, the word correctly displays. However I am having a
hell of a time with "m" with chandrabindu. It just won't give up the
space (e.g., in "mahaa' m." with final chandrabindu). Anyway, if anyone
can help with both of these issues I would be eternally grateful. 1/
Character spacing/typing issues; 2/ print spacing, losing characters.

Sorry for the second message
JLW

Dear List:
I have just started experiencing some problems with character spacing
when I print to various printers on VISTA Office 2007. I use Titus
Cyberbit Basic Font, which I have had no problems to date. Essentially I
am getting a separation of characters by a open blank space (esp. with
vocalic "r" (r with open circle underneath), and many long accented
vowels). I also have a problem with some characters just dropping
out/disappearing from the page when printed (random characters in both
Sanskrit and English, but all in Titus Cyberbit Basic). I just upgraded
to a new computer with VISTA and Office 2007. Is any one else
experiencing this problem? Thoughts? Is it a problems with new VISTA
printer drivers? Office 2007?

JLW

*Jarrod L. Whitaker, Ph.D.*
Assistant Professor, South Asian Religions

Wake Forest University
Department of Religion
PO Box 7212
Winston-Salem, NC, 27109