Compatible Font for Macs and PCs...

Steven Lindquist slindqui at MAIL.SMU.EDU
Sun Nov 30 01:05:12 UTC 2008

Older Mac fonts aren't necessarily incompatible with OSX.  When OSX
first came out, myself and a tech person at UT-Austin got Manjushree
working (and it still does in 10.5.5; it simply required appending
".rsrc" to the keyboard layout file before installing it).  I just
installed Gandhari since I know I have to switch to unicode someday
and it works just peachy -- including anusvAra + m (perhaps you were
not using the extended keyboard layout?).  I can't see immediately
whether or how it might do complex diacritics (e.g., a long vowel with
accent), but I just started looking at it.

Best,

Steven

--
Steven Lindquist, Ph.D.