E-text

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Fri Aug 29 15:37:44 UTC 2008

As Peter already said, the technology used on this site is now dated.  I
kept seeing gobbledegook, but after fiddling around for a while with
encodings and fonts it finally settled down.  It's worth the effort to get
this site working, since there's a mass of textual material there.  There
are quite a few typos in the texts, but still it's useful.  And apart from
displaying on the screen, the site will generate a PDF of the text on the
fly, either in Devanagari or in roman, that one can download.

I get the feeling that this website was a one-shot effort, and that what's
done is done, and that's it.  I doubt that we would get any response to
suggestions of improvement.  However, if someone were to go to Kanpur and
meet the people, and offer to take the thing over and develop it, that
might work.

Best,
Dominik

--