death of Prof. Oscar Botto

J L Brockington J.L.Brockington at ED.AC.UK
Thu Aug 28 16:40:22 UTC 2008

Dear Colleagues,

I forward this sad news, announced this afternoon.  Professor Botto
was a major figure not only within CESMEO, which he led for so long,
but also in the IASS.

Yours

John Brockington

Professor J. L. Brockington
Secretary General, International Association of Sanskrit Studies
Asian Studies
7-8 Buccleuch Place
Edinburgh EH8 9LW

Subject: Prof. Oscar Botto
Date: Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:07 pm
From: CESMEO <cesme at tin.it>
To: ....

It?s with a great sorrow that I have to communicate you the sad news
that our beloved Mentor and Cesmeo?s President, Prof.Oscar Botto, has
passed away last Sunday August 24th. You?ll be informed about the
events that are to be organized to honour his outstanding and
prestigious scientific achievements in the field of indological studies.

Very best regards

Irma Piovano
Supervisor of the scientific activities and cultural relations
CESMEO
via Cavour, 17
10123 TORINO - ITALY
tel. +39.011.546564 fax +39.011.545031
cesme at tin.it - www.cesmeo.it <http://www.cesmeo.it>

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.